- Fast-Track Guide for Hannan City
Hannan City is located in the south of Osaka Prefecture, about 45 km away from the center of Osaka City and about 10 km away from Wakayama City center.
The north faces the Osaka Bay and the south contacts the Izumi Mountains. The sea and mountains provide the city with a wonderful nature environment as the gently waving sea and green mountain forests are closely located surrounding the city center and residential areas.
Rich nature and various regional resources of history and culture make this city fascinating, such as cherry blossoms in Yamanakadani, Hakotsukuri Beach, Hata Shrine, fishery and agriculture, local industry including local sake brewing and historic streetscape (Ozaki and Yamanakadani areas).
- The atmospheric Kishū Kaidō highway is lined with cherry blossoms in spring. They are illuminated at night, enveloping visitors in a magical scene! The weeping cherry trees at Jifuku-ji are especially worth seeing. Don't miss the hydrangea flowers and fireflies in early summer too.
An old, atmospheric street
- This fun park has playground equipment and a Wanpaku fortress at the top of the mountain with superb views, grassy fields, a barbecue corner, and a giant roller slide.
- 9:30am-4:30pm (until 17:00 from Jun 1 to Aug 31)
- Third Wednesdays, New Year holiday period
- Management Office
(Contact the Hannan City Chamber of Commerce for reservations and information about fees for the barbecue corner. Tel 072-473-2100)
- Return the clams you gather, and you can get safe ones without sand inside instead.*You cannot eat the collected clams.
- Sennan Satoumi Park
- Late Apl to Early Jun
- Tel.072-476-3319 (Beach Management Association)
- White beaches and beautiful seaside, right here in Osaka, out in the sea find Kansai Airport and airplanes, and beyond them, look out on Awaji Island and the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge.Easily accessed by train and automobile.
- Open term
- Early Jul to Late Aug
- Swimming hours
- hour: 9:00am-5:00pm
The barbecue area features a washing-up area and containers for charcoal. The parking area is located nearby, so it's very easy to set up and tear down.
All Japan Beach Volleyball Junior Boys' Championship
Sennan Satoumi Park Barbecue Area
This 2km long, narrow prefecture-run park spans between Hannan City and Misaki.
Satoumi is a term that refers to the symbiotic relationship between people and the sea. Walk through the natural grounds, or play beach sports in the sea breeze. Regular events are also held here year-round.
Parking Lots: 9:00am-5:00pm (charge)
- These creatures live in places with clean water. When agitated, they give off a mysterious blue light. When water temperatures are high, they move around a lot, and events are held in autumn to observe them.
- The sunset on "Sennan Satoumi Park artificial beaches" and "Pichipichi Beach" was designated as one of "Japan's 100 Most Beautiful Sunsets"! The landscape of the sea, sand and artificial beaches dyed in sunset produces some nostalgic and fantastic atmosphere.
Entering Hata Shrine
- A sense of accomplishment and satisfaction is in the air from both the people who pull the "yagura" and the many people who come to watch on this special autumn day. Don't miss the ascent to Hata Shrine, where the yagura are run up the stone stairs in one stretch. For a true spectacle see all twenty of the city's yagura that come together around city hall on the Sunday before the festival.
Portable Shrine Imperial Procession
On the final day of the Yagura festival (national holiday Health and Sports Day), the portable shrines are carried from Hata Shrine to Ebino Beach in Ozaki.
- Shrines that house yagura
The yagura from Hakotsukuri Higashi are housed at this shrine that honors Sugawara no Michizane and Susanoo-no-Mikoto.
Listed in history books for its refined architectural style. 18 yagura are housed here.
Related to the Kamigamo Shrines in Kyoto, the name of the Hakotsukuri area also gets its name from this shrine.
Yagura from Kaikake are housed here, a shrine famous for being the place where Empress Jingū visited with her son Emperor Ōjin.
Safe and gentle organic cottonHannan Cotton Firm
At the Hannan Cotton Farm, created to help revitalize the local community, plants are sowed in spring, flower in summer, and in autumn produce fluffy white cotton, making a beautiful landscape.
- Enjoy the large natural forest areas and the many faces of the seasons. The only mountain system near a beach in Osaka prefecture. See views of Osaka Bay and the Akashi Kaikyō Bridge, Awaji Island and Kansai Airport from everywhere. Turn your eyes southwards and see Wakayama plains. There are several restaurants near Hakotsukuri Station, perfect for refueling after a hike.
Winter is a surprisingly good time for hiking
The air is clear, and the weather is comfortable outdoors.
- ・It's not as sweaty.
- ・Snakes and other dangerous creatures aren't around as much.
- ・There's not as much grass, so it's easy to see the trail.
- ・Once you get walking, you'll hardly feel the cold.
Choose from a variety of courses
Special features of hiking courses in the easily accessed Hannan area.
- This old sake brewery was founded 300 years ago. It has won top awards in national sake competitions many times, and its sake has a solid reputation.
Brewery tour (Reservation required)The artistic log building interior is the best part.
- Time Required
- 60min / Fee: Free
- Operating Hours
- (Tours available on weekends and holidays / minimum 10 people / reservations required)
Direct Sales DepotChoose from a wide variety, from luxury sakes to seasonal limited edition sakes. All varieties have samples available. (Open every day)
- Weekday 10:00am-5:00pm
Sat,Sun, Hol 10:00am-4:00pm